Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. Morrison Child and Family Services, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Morrison Child and Family Services is seeking a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) who is excited to join our team of committed professionals. Our youth and family-focused programs include outpatient mental health and substance use services; residential and day treatment programs; foster care; and prevention and mentoring programs. The PMHNP works as a collaborative member of the clinical team and provides psychiatric assessment and medication management to the children and youth in our various programs. Additionally, the PMHNP provides consultation to clinical staff regarding diagnostic clarification, treatment options, and case formulation.
Education and Work Experience:
A successful candidate would possess the following education, professional licensure, and work experience:
• Active State Nursing License as a PMHNP, including maintenance requirements and DEA certification. Certification by the American Nurses
• 2 years of clinical experience with a community mental health clinic population is preferred but not essential.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of developmental needs of the child and adolescent population, including children ages 2-5
• Ability to complete documentation in an electronic medical records system in a timely manner
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality care to the underserved and uninsured. Appreciation of cultural diversity and the needs of
serving a diverse patient population
• Knowledge of individual, family and group treatment strategies, including traditional and non-traditional treatment/service modalities
• Must pass a DHS background check
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits and Perks:
Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job code “PMHNP-471” in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com