Lead Milieu Counselor
(2 Open Positions)
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Milieu Counselors provides vocational and daily living skills to adolescent youth. The Lead Milieu Counselor provides leadership and training to Milieu Counselor staff at the program, and supervises the youth in care. This position aids the Milieu Supervisor and other management staff.
Primary duties and responsibilities are as follows:
• Provides support to the Milieu Supervisor; serves as an example to MC’s regarding program/ORR policies and interactions with youth.
• Serves as main point of contact if Milieu Supervisor is not on shift.
• Plan and coordinate activities for the clients, coordinating staff coverage and duties, ordering needed supplies needed, etc.
• Works with Milieu Supervisors to address and resolve issues related to the milieu
• Works effectively with outside providers to ensure cooperative and supportive working relations and coordination of client services, as needed.
• Tracks individual behavior plan progress, as needed
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 1 year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, data
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
• One-year experience supervising staff
• Residential experience
• Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must remain awake during shift
• Must me agency driving requirements
Lead Milieu Counselors: $15.20-$15.55
Lead Milieu Counselors (Bilingual): $16.57-$16.95
• Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference job code for the program which you are applying to in the subject line of your email and in your cover letter.
Staff Secure (LMC-152), Shelter (LMC-158)
• Staff Secure –residential facility that maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision, than a shelter in order to control disruptive behavior. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
(Schedule: swing shift, Tues- Sat)
• Shelter – Co-ed, residential facility in which all of the programmatic components are provided on-site, in a least restrictive environment. Youth develop vocational and acculturative skills by being escorted to activities in the local community.
(Schedule: swing shift Sun-Wed)
Indicate that you’re applying for the Lead Milieu Counselor position and select your preference.
• Alternative: Fax your cover letter/resume to Morrison Child and Family Services following the directions above to 503-736-9759.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org