Thank you for your interest in becoming a Morrison volunteer. We are grateful for your desire to give back to children and families in our community. In addition to learning about our volunteer program, we encourage you to take a moment to learn more about our service provision through our various programs. Due to the sensitive nature of Morrison’s work, certain volunteers are asked to complete a background check and fingerprinting before beginning their volunteer project.
We have four types of volunteers:
- Indirect One-time
- Direct One-time
- Indirect Ongoing
- Direct Ongoing
Direct and Indirect: Direct projects involve direct interaction with the children and youth in Morrison programs. Indirect projects have limited to no direct interaction.
One-time and Ongoing: One-time projects can be a special event or short series of events. Ongoing volunteers are asked to make a commitment of a few hours per week for a minimum of three months.
- Data Analysis
- Development Volunteer
- Events – Holiday Giving
- Garden Maintenance
- Garden Buddy
- Garden and Grounds Work Groups (Spring/Summer)
- Sorting gifts for our Holiday Giving Campaign
- Create gifts or cards in your classroom for our youth
- Host a school supplies or gift drive
- Host a table at events in your community
- Host a school supply or gift drive
- Host a house party for your friends to raise awareness
Volunteer Application Process
- Identify an opportunity that sounds inspiring to you
- Submit a Volunteer Application via fax, email, or mail (see contact information below)
- Fulfill position-specific requirements
- Begin changing lives for the better!
For information about volunteering at Morrison, please contact us at 503-258-4290 or firstname.lastname@example.org